Thursday, January 6, 2011

Inside the Sketchbook

In order to make one new design a week, I am going to spend a lot more time sketching. When I come up with a new design, I usually spend time looking through books on textiles, painting, and motifs to get ideas, and make a lot of little sketches while I read. Then I put the books away and do something else, and let those images mix around in my head for a bit. Then I'll come back and draw out some of my new ideas. This rarely happens when I'm near my sketchbook, but I'll have a great idea in the middle of the night or while I'm at the grocery store, scribble it down on a scrap of paper and tape it into my sketchbook, so it ends up looking more like a scrapbook.

You might recognize some of these designs from finished products, and hopefully there will be a lot more to show in the next few weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...