Friday, April 15, 2011

The IOU Project

Take a look at this great video from The IOU Project. The company plans to offer clothes that are made from fabric that is hand-woven in India, supporting independent weavers rather than mass-produced textiles.



They haven't launched their line yet, but from the few preview images I've seen, it looks very promising. I really hope they can find the right balance between style and price, since all of the sustainable or fair trade clothes available right now seem to be designed without a sense of style (I am picturing a long hemp skirt and vest combo).

I really hope the idea works, because there is such a huge potential market of people who want to buy stylish clothes that support independent artisans. If it catches on, this could be huge for textile weavers around the world. So look out for the full line, I know I will be!

Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...