Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Current Occupation: Quilt Shopping


I am holding off until April to show you the textiles I have collected in Jaipur, as they will go on sale once I am back and ready to start shipping. The one exception is this quilt that I bought for myself, which I was too excited about not to share. It's an old quilt from Sindh, from when it was still part of Rajasthan and not Pakistan. It could be almost 100 years old, although there is no way of really knowing. The shopkeeper said it was a bad purchase, as it actually has some pretty sizable holes that you can't see in the photo, but I ignored his advice and bought it anyway.




This particular quilt won't be for sale, but I have lots of other pieces that will be, and I wanted to give you a sneak peek below. Check back in April for the full pictures! Here are just three close ups of what we got, but there is so much more to come:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...