Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back in the Studio


Yesterday was my first day in the studio in over three months, and also the most productive day I have ever had. The reason: no internet. We are living at my parents' house in Vermont for the summer while I get ready for the Stationery Show, so that we can have some time to work and save money before looking for a new place to live. I'm using a spare bedroom as my studio, and while most of the house has internet, this room does not.

I would have days in DC when I would try not to use the internet, but I still had my phone and would occasionally check email or Facebook. There is no cell service here, so I spent the entire day yesterday working with no distractions. It was incredible. In one day, I finished a big order that came in last week, half of the new designs for the Stationery Show, started working on my new business cards, and still had time to go for a walk after lunch.




While we were in India, I made a lot of sketches and took a lot of photos (so many that my hard drive is full and my computer is now going at a snail's pace) but I didn't do any complete designs. So yesterday I went through all those sketches and photos and got my actual designs down on paper.

At this rate, I'll have hundreds of new designs to share in the next month.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...